Benefits to Training in High Springs Area of North Florida
- Freshwater = no gear rinsing.
- 72 degree F year-round water temps means year-round training possible.
- Warm water means more time in the water diving and learning.
- No boat charter fees. Even our highest entry-fee site is less than half the cost of a boat charter.
- No boats equals no seasickness.
- No boats equals more flexible schedule and weatherproofing.
- Inexpensive accommodations, affordable dining options, flights, and rental cars.
- Easy domestic and international connections via several large airports.
- Several of our training sites are very flood resistant, making your class less likely to be impacted by weather, flood condition, or bad ocean conditions/visibility.
- Nitrox by the cubic foot!
- Drive up fill stations means less moving of heavy tanks.
- Short drive to ocean shore site and boat charters. In Rec 1, we have the option of doing some of our experience dives in the ocean. While not dependent on the ocean to complete your class, it’s great to have the variety nearby.
- GUE HQ: They have GUE swag and GUE materials available for purchase with instant, walk-out-the-door-with-it gratification.
- Great support from Extreme Exposure, our partner dive center. Many tank and gear rental options, spares available for rent, many products in stock for purchase, talented regulator and drysuit repair staff should gear breakdowns occur. Extreme Exposure makes logistics for your class very easy, thus allowing your instructor to customize your class schedule to your needs.
- Absorb the synergy of an area where great cave exploration efforts have and still do occur.
For more on North Florida’s underwater and topside conditions, features, and attractions, see our About North Florida and N. Florida Diving sections.