The GUE Doubles Primer introduces certified divers to diving a double (twin) tank configuration. Learn about the components of a double tank system, how and why to configure the system, and how to operate and dive with doubles. Refine buoyancy, trim, stability, control, propulsion, maneuvering, pre-dive checks, team diving, and situational awareness.
The Doubles Primer is suitable for certified divers who have never dove doubles or who want to improve their diving skills while diving doubles. Great reasons to take this class include:
- Learn why and when diving doubles is preferred or required
- Considering purchasing double tanks and related equipment and want to know pros/cons of different tanks and setups
- Just got doubles and want to learn how to properly configure and dive with it
- Refine buoyancy control, stable diving platform, and other basic diving skills while diving doubles
- Fundies-Rec Rating Graduates new to doubles, combine the Doubles Primer with a Fundamentals Tech Upgrade if you aspire to GUE Cave or Tech training
Duration & Content
- 1 or more days, depending on logistics and divers’ goals
- 1 or more students (qualified buddy needed for evaluation dives if combined with Tech Upgrade)
- Involves classroom, hands-on field drills, and diving
- Topics: doubles equipment function and set-up, pre-dive checks, buoyancy, trim, stability, propulsion, manuevering, situational awareness, team diving, s-drill, and valve drill while diving doubles.
- No swim test required
- Basic GUE system equipment, double tanks, back-up mask
- Complete course requirements available here
Ready to take your Doubles Primer? Click here to Start Training with GUE.