Cave Diver Level 2
Cave 2 builds upon the skills learned in Cave 1 and the experience gained between classes to teach cave divers how to transition from new-overhead-divers to full cave divers. This course includes instruction, practice, and feedback on stage diving, advanced navigation including jumps/circuits/traverses, extended cave penetration, staged oxygen decompression, and refinement of the cave diving skill set including guideline work, emergency procedures, teamwork, communication, environmental awareness, rescue, conservation, and accident analysis. Expect to spend a lot of time in the water, do some longer dives, see some new-to-you cave, and have a lot of fun.
Enjoy the beauty of exploring our planet’s inner space. Explore the wet rocks of underwater caves, delicate formations, massive rooms, beautiful clay banks, twisty passage, awe-inspiring speleothems, and unique cave-adapted critters. At Wet Rocks Diving we have passion for cave diving and love sharing this with others. Cave 2 becomes your license to learn and to refine your thinking brains to plug into new locations and situations as you get to see more and more new-to-you cave with the new tools that Cave 2 affords a team.
- 6-7 days, 10 cave dives
- 2 or 3 students
- Mexico or North Florida
- Involves classroom, hands-on field drills, cave diving and feedback
- GUE Cave 1
- At least 25 experience cave dives past Cave 1 certification
- Swim test: 500yds/450m in 14 min and 60ft/18m underwater breath-hold swim
- Basic GUE system equipment, plus double tanks, primary and backup lights, backup mask, safety spool, jump spools, directional and non-directional markers, one stage cylinder, and one oxygen cylinder plus one primary reel per team.
- Complete course requirements available here
Wet Rocks Diving arranges Cave 2 classes, which may include the benefit of two instructors for the price of one! Please inquire.
Ready to take your diving further into the earth? Click here to Start Training with GUE.