What Type of Class Suits You?
Recreational Classes, including GUE Fundamentals
Advanced Recreational Classes, including Tech Upgrades
Group Trips & Private Travel
Want a class scheduled at a different time or a different location?
Want to book a guided dive, mentoring session, or buddy dive?
Classes can be booked on demand. Email Mer
Or see Mer’s availability in calendar view. Calendar view shows remaining spots and classes that are proposed (i.e. could be moved to fit students’ schedules.) Also, calendar view is the most up-to-date version of the Wet Rocks Diving calendar…
N. Florida (no travel fee): April 2018 – early Jan 2019 and Nov-Dec 2019; also available for US and Caribbean classes
Hawaii (no travel fee): Feb 2019, Feb 2020
To see Mer’s scheduled classes on the GUE website: click here and scroll down.
UPDATE COMING SOON! See calendar view <— The calendar view is most up-to-date available!
Mer is super detail-oriented, so why isn’t there a day by day schedule published for my class? Short answer is that each class is unique; we customize each class based on the experience, goals, and daily progression of each team, which often requires day-to-day or even mid-day adjustment. Then there’s mother nature and other logistics that can mess with an otherwise perfect plan. So rather than have your heart set on a specific schedule, here are some guidelines to help you prepare for your class:
- Before scheduling a class, we will discuss your goals and local logistics to determine ideal course length (number of days).
- During class we’ll go over our anticipated schedule one day at a time.
- You’ll receive emails outlining first day location, time, and stuff to bring.
- Class days will run approx. 10 hours if we’re diving close to our classroom/overnight location. 11 hours if we have ~45 mins drives to sites (typical for FL classes). Total class day time includes travel time, lunch, breaks, learning, hilarity, and good times!
- Class will start fairly early each day, but this depends on local logistics.
- You should expect to have lunch on-site. Pack lunch, bring plenty of snacks, and water.
- You will have some homework at night. Pre-class preparation as assigned by your instructor will reduce homework amounts.
- Class days are rather full, unless an alternate schedule has been selected.
- Start class well-rested, if possible.
- Classes with shorter days (but more of them) are available for additional fee.
- Remain flexible if weather or other logistics throw us a monkey wrench: this means also bring your classroom materials when we think we’re going diving and also bring your dive gear when we think we’re going to the classroom.