Training at Home versus Traveling to Train
Where to take your GUE class? You have the choice of using a local GUE Instructor (if you have one), bringing in a GUE Instructor to your local area, or traveling to another destination to train. Here are some of the advantages to where you decide to train.
Benefits of Training at home
- Sleep in your own bed, drive your own car, use your own tanks.
- Train at dive sites and in conditions with which you are familiar and will commonly dive.
- Using a local instructor or bringing in an instructor may be more affordable than all students traveling to a destination.
benefits of traveling to train
- Time blocked to travel may have fewer distractions than home.
- It might be winter at home and prime diving season at a destination.
- Logistics may be better for a class at a destination.
- Travel times between shop, site, classroom, and lodging may be shorter at a destination.
- Another location may have better resilience to bad weather. When “diving another day” would complicate or detract from your class, resiliency to bad weather is key!
- You want to train in certain dive conditions (either more or less challenging) than what you have at home.
- Destinations may offer site features or attractions you’ve been wanting to see either during class experience dives or before/after your course.
Weigh the pros and cons of training at home versus traveling to train and decide which environment gives you the greatest opportunity to learn AND have a ton of fun doing so. Either way, contact your GUE Instructor and sign up for a Fundamentals class today!