The GUE Drysuit Primer introduces a certified diver to diving with a drysuit. Learn about the components of a drysuit system, considerations for diving colder waters, and drysuit diving techniques. Focus is on how and why we manage buoyancy when diving dry as well as refining trim, stability, control, propulsion, maneuvering, team diving, and situational awareness.
The Drysuit Primer is suitable for certified divers who have never dove a drysuit or who want to improve their diving skills while diving dry. Great reasons to take this class include:
- Considering purchasing a drysuit and want to know the pros/cons of different types
- Just got a drysuit and want to learn how to dive properly with it
- Refine buoyancy control, stable diving platform, and other basic diving skills while diving dry
Duration & Content
- 1 or more days, depending on logistics and divers’ goals
- 1 or more students
- Involves classroom, hands-on field drills, and diving
- Topics: drysuit fit and function, drysuit maintenance, specific drysuit skills, buoyancy, trim, stability, control, situational awareness, and s-drill while diving a drysuit.
- No swim test required
- Basic GUE system equipment, a drysuit, singles or double tanks
- Complete course requirements available here
- Additional Materials: Beginning with the End in Mind PDF book, especially relevant sections of Chapters 3 and 4 (Our recommendation but not required)
Ready to take your Drysuit Primer and dive warmer and drier? Click here to Start Training with GUE.