Training at Home versus Traveling to Train
Where to take your GUE class? You have the choice of using a local GUE Instructor (if you have one), bringing in a GUE Instructor to your local area, or traveling to another destination to train. Here are some of the advantages to where you decide to train.
Benefits of Training at home
- Sleep in your own bed, drive your own car, use your own tanks.
- Train at dive sites and in conditions with which you are familiar and will commonly dive.
- Using a local instructor or bringing in an instructor may be more affordable than all students traveling to a destination.
benefits of traveling to train
- Time blocked to travel may have fewer distractions than home.
- It might be winter at home and prime diving season at a destination.
- Logistics may be better for a class at a destination.
- Travel times between shop, site, classroom, and lodging may be shorter at a destination.
- Another location may have better resilience to bad weather. When “diving another day” would complicate or detract from your class, resiliency to bad weather is key!
- You want to train in certain dive conditions (either more or less challenging) than what you have at home.
- Destinations may offer site features or attractions you’ve been wanting to see either during class experience dives or before/after your course.
Also see Benefits to Training in Kona and Benefits to Training in North Florida.
Weigh the pros and cons of training at home versus traveling to train and decide which environment gives you the greatest opportunity to learn AND have a ton of fun doing so. Either way, contact your GUE Instructor and sign up for a Fundamentals class today!